Vision and Beliefs
School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Lugoff-Elgin Middle School counseling program is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services with equal access to all students. Our programs are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, social, career, and personal strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens for the 21st century. In partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and the community, professional school counselors strive to ensure that all students at LEMS develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary to be successful in our changing society.
School Counseling Program Vision Statement
The vision of Lugoff-Elgin Middle School Counseling program is for all students to be college and/or career ready. Every student will acquire the academic, career and personal/social skills to reach their fullest educational potential and successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
The beliefs of Lugoff-Elgin Middle School Counseling Program Beliefs
School Counselors in the Lugoff-Elgin Middle School counseling program believe:
· All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in academic success.
· All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
· The school counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
· Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
· A comprehensive school counseling program is tailored to meet students’ educational and developmental needs as identified through needs assessments that have been translated in to attainable goals.
· The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the school counseling program and school counselors.